[History Major Announcement] (no subject)

Christopher Fobare cjfobare at utica.edu
Thu Aug 29 21:11:23 EDT 2013

Greetings Everyone and Welcome to a New Year,****

** **

I hope everyone’s semester is off to a good start. Just wanted to give you
all a heads up of some events this semester that we hope to see you attend.*
***

** **

*History Department Reception:*

Friday, September 13****

6:30-8:30****

Library Concourse (near the art gallery)****

This is a great opportunity for everyone to meet or simply catch up. It’s
semi-formal so come dressed. Watch for an invitation in the mail and please
RSVP to Mary Dobeck in the Arts and Sciences office mfdobeck at utica.edu****

** **

*Brownbag Lunch Lecture Series:*

We’ve already got a full slate of presenters for this semester and are
booking next semester.****

We meet the second Wednesday of each month 12:30-1:30. Buy or bring your
lunch, sit back and be part of an interesting talk. Please note that the
location varies.****

September 11,  DuRoss Dining Room: Tristan Tomilson,
SUNY Stonybrook/Colgate University (title TBA , research looks at pirates
so this one should be fun).****

October  9, ECJC Conference Room: Professor David Wittner, “Building
Technological Systems in Japan’s Textile Industry”****

November 13, ECJS Conference Room: Assistant Professor Peter DiSimone, TBA**
**

December 11, DuRoss Dining Room: Rob Cline, Syracuse University, (title
TBA, Mr Cline’s research is on 17thcentury Italy)****
*This information will be located at www.utica.edu/history under the
"Announcements and Events" section*

Hope to see everyone at these events and again, welcome back.****